Tuesday 21 October 2014

Where Have You Been?!

Well then - where do I even begin?!

This last few months have been so busy I feel like I have developed a head of greys (or one as Katherine keeps telling me) I have even grown a beard as time has been so limited.

We have recently moved into our first new place as a family so as you can imagine we have packed, moved, unpacked and tried to squeeze in all the other important bits you can't forget when you move house. I must say a HUGE 'Thank You' to my Mum & Stepdad for furnishing our place, they have been amazing and it has helped us so much!

Reuben has adapted really well to his new surroundings and we admit it was very strange having him in his own little room the first few days but it's so much nicer being able to communicate normally and watch TV when you aren't in the same room as him. Incase you didn't know, before we were at my Mum's house in my bedroom with Reuben's cot in with us.

If you remember I was supposed to start my new job on the 22nd September but things didn't go to plan on that front which is a shame but on the other hand my current company promoted me to Manager so I now look after the Technical Desk there, I am a lot happier in my new role and I have a lot more responsibility which is always a good start!

Reuben has changed so much since I last wrote to you all, he is now crawling and rapidly! I remember he was doing the downward dog (yoga move) and all of a sudden he just started going, what made it even more special is that most of our family were round and got to see him crawl for the first time! :)
The hardest thing now is we all have to watch where we put stuff and what he is doing as we have already had a few bumps to the head/face/you name it! He seems to have an obsession with EVERYTHING from the sky tv box to straps on Mummy's changing bag, bless him!

He is still eating really well and is down to 2 bottles a day now, we have tried to diversify his diet and mix it up so he has a taste for most things ranging from Mangoes to the more bland vegetables on the table. I can at least say he isn't fussy at all which is great! He is still suffering in the sick department and it is so random we have had to be referred to a paediatrician, after all of this we are hoping they can finally figure out what is causing it. We made it clear to the doctors that we weren't happy with them constantly trying to fill him with 'antibiotics' and we wanted something done. I feel bad telling you as I hate moaning about it but it is so draining having to watch what you are doing so he isn't sick or wiping it up and changing his bed and whole outfit several times a day. At least it doesn't affect Roo in the slightest, he just wants to play with his sick most of time! 

We still haven't got any teeth but the signs are all there, bless him! Most of the time the closest thing to him will end up being bitten and dribbled all over. We are hoping for at least one soon just to ease the pain for our little man :)

I have a review coming up about Ashton & Parsons teething powder so be on the lookout for that!

Reuben has also started to burble and talk to himself. We love hearing it each morning as he sounds like he is hosting a party with all his little friends in his cot, he will also say Dadda, Mumma, Nanna, Ta & Oh Dear. I must admit we say them quite a lot to him and he probably just mimics but it is so cute!

He is going to be 10 months soon (HOW!!) and we are all very much looking forward to his first christmas - YES I SAID THE C WORD! :)

We are so proud of our little man and the way he has grown so far - what is your 9 month old up to?





No comments:

Post a Comment