Wednesday 23 October 2013

27 Week Hospital Visit..

Crikey how time flys...I still remember being in Turkey when Katherine was only 9 weeks gone and giving baby Tring some well needed Vitamin D!

I recently sold my car so we are on the look out for a nice family-ish car so if any of you spot on let me know although I REALLY want a BMW 1 series :o)

This week we had another trip up the hospital as KJ hadn't noticed our little one move for a good 2-3 days really..so up we went to triage after a lengthy chat with our midwife Demi (who is a god send).

We were hooked up to a machine for a good 30 minutes to make sure the fetal movements were as they should be and heart rates were fluctuating as normal - needless to say the maternity staff at Basingstoke hospital are fantastic and so comforting for Katherine and I.


So after the 30 minutes and nugget kicking poor Mummy more than ever (as the pictures below show) we were given the 'all clear' and told we could go home but to monitor the movements so we were relieved. It's so hard to know when to kick up a fuss with the midwife in regards to anything different as you don't want to waste anyone's time or feel like you are asking the wrong questions but everyone we spoke to was lovely and assured us we should always check! :)

Got a trip to see my Grandad on the 30th October as he is very poorly and I want to spend as much time with him as possible whilst helping anyway I can - we got the all clear for Katherine to fly too which was nice as he has a great bond with her! 


Unfortunately we lost my Great Grandad Len Bott on the 9th October but he went peacefully in his sleep after suffering for quite a while without complaint - he is with his beloved wife our Great Gran now which makes it a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment